Monday, October 15, 2007

Thing 13 - Mmmm mmm good

Last one for the night - and a pretty entertaining one at that - del.icio.us - and yep, it is pretty tasty!

I went ahead and set up my very own del.icio.us account - I'm digging it - and just like rollyo, it IS that easy, children. I don't actually use many bookmarks on my work PC, but there are often sites that I want to remember, so I scrawl little notes to myself and find them scattered, in no particular order all around my desk, and in my pockets. This should help solve that "problem". Of course, it's going to create a whole new one - because I can see myself ending up with one of those giant scary bookmark lists that some people I know have...(don't y'all know about folders, at least!) but hopefully the tagging feature will help me keep this a little better organized than that. And hey, once I've experimented with it for a while, I can tell them to get organized and clean up those horrifying lists!

Library functionality for del.icio.us? Heck yeah - we could use it on the reference desk to help the staffer who can't remember that the website to look up phone numbers is www.switchboard.com. Are we going to use it that way anytime soon? Don't know, but I do know that I'll be playing with it myself for the next few weeks!

No comments: