Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thing 9

Thing 9 went by in a hurry - it wasn't really that hard to subscribe to the Merlin RSS feed... I did play around with the feed search tools listed, and well.... I can't say that I was tremendously impressed. Maybe I'm just looking for things that are too obscure, or not newsworthy enough.

I liked the Technorati result lists much more than those from Syndic8 - it's nice to get a quick scan of what the blog contains without having to actually visit it, which you kind of have to do with Syndic8. Feedster seemed to be very slow to load pages - and that's just annoying. It does give you that tiny snapshot of content, though, and (better than Technorati) it searches newsfeeds as well as blogs. Topix? Well, once again, it's nice to see the preview of content, but for some reason, their homepage bugs me - alot. I think it's because the first time I visited it, it had autofilled the search box with "Windsor Mill, MD" and so the box itself wasn't readily apparent. But maybe that's just me... maybe everybody else LIKES seeing some random town name appear in the search box, so they can find out what's getting posted about that random town...
Still need to check out the google blogsearch feature - but I'll save that for another day, I think. Just found a nifty blog via Technorati...

***FYI/hint/PSA to those who may follow me - don't forget to use "" to hold your search phrases together - reader's advisory is a non-useful search term, but "reader's advisory" works much better.***

No comments: