Friday, October 12, 2007

Thing 7 - ANYthing tech-related?

Wow - free topic (more or less) -
Random thoughts percolating in my brain (about tech):
I'm still frustrated by the fact that we can't get decent internet service at my house. I think the internet/web/whathaveyou has evolved to a point where dial-up access is more of a hindrance than a help - I can't imagine how annoying attempting to play with mashups would be over a dial-up connection.

I'm glad my cell phone has a camera, but I need to find a way to get the photos off of the phone (without emailing them to myself and paying by the byte charges to my cell phone provider!) - Maybe it's time to start thinking about getting a new laptop...

I'm pretty OK with this blogging stuff - I've been using it to keep up with my best friend for a while now - great when I lived in NC and she was up here, and still useful now that I'm back home.

I've got some concerns about privacy issues with blogs and photosharing sites and stuff. I'm not totally relaxed about the idea of putting my "stuff" out there for the world to see - so I'll probably keep these posts pretty light... but that's just me - it seems like lots of other folks are happy to share it all!

No comments: