Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thing 8 (or, Feed me, baby!)

Today in 23 Things, I tackled RSS feeds.
This wasn't that tough - I think that it took me longer to listen to and watch the podcasts and videos about RSS than it took me to set up and subscribe to 11 feeds. I'm tickled about the Charlotte/Meck Co. reader's advisory feeds - they've got a GREAT variety there. Also picked up on Unshelved - I'm familiar with it, but haven't actually followed it, so I'll get on board with that. We don't have our current participants list up yet, so I only subscribed to Jen Ranck's blog, but I'm hoping that once we get a current list up to add a few more folks' blogs then.

I only added one "purely for fun" feed - that's horseracing news from ESPN. Gotta have a little "speed" to go with my "read" stuff, right? Wait a sec, I just thought of another 'fun' one - I'll add that directly. Done - because, yes, it really is that easy.

Wanna see my blogroll? (Yow, that just sounds a little wrong, doesn't it?)
http://www.bloglines.com/public/JPlibrarian

I have to admit, at this point in time, I haven't used RSS feeds at all - I haven't been keeping up with many blogs or newsites on a daily basis, either - I KNOW that its' the "slow, old" way to head directly to a website, scan it and go, but I don't really mind doing that. But I'll give the feeds a try - who knows, maybe I'll feel the need, the need for feed!

No comments: